At this time, due to funding limitations, we are closing the rental assistance waitlist and not accepting any new applications after Monday, June 15, 2020.
We are continuing to process requests in the order in which that they were received, but do not anticipate that all requests will be granted. Everyone on the waitlist will be notified in the coming weeks whether or not their request will be fulfilled.
Additionally, Marin County’s eviction moratorium remains in effect through July 31; residents have until September 30 to pay back rents. For more information regarding the eviction moratorium, including documentation requirements, please visit www.marincounty.org/renterlandlord.
You can also watch these videos in English and Spanish that break down the moratorium’s frequently asked questions:
We understand the devastating economic impacts of COVID-19 on our community, and the County of Marin will continue to seek new ways of supporting residents during this challenging time.
Below are some other resources available for you and your family:
Marin Health and Human Services (HHS) Public Assistance Programs:
- CalWORKS: Cash assistance for food purchases for families and individuals;
- Medi-Cal: medical care through Medi-Cal and County Medical Services Program;
- General Relief: Cash Assistance for individuals over 18 with no children and with no or limited resources;
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC): supplemental food and nutrition program low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and postpartum women and children under age 5 who have a nutritional risk.
- For information on resources and services specifically for older adults (persons 60+), persons with disabilities and family caregivers, call (415) 457-INFO (415.457.4636) or email 457-INFO@marincounty.org(link sends e-mail).
To apply for Medi-Cal, CalWORKs, CalFresh, and WIC you can:
- Call 1.877.410.8817;
- Apply online at c4yourself.com; or
- Pick up a paper application in person outside at 120 N. Redwood Dr. San Rafael, CA and at the Marin County Health and Wellness Center, 3240 Kerner Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94901. Spanish and English copies are both available.
- WIC applications are accepted over the phone by calling 415.473.6889. General Relief applications can be obtained at the locations noted above or by calling 415.473.3350.
Also visit HHS’ online Community Resource Guide, for local information on programs/services available to help with money, legal, housing and more. Lastly, if you are at risk of or currently experiencing homelessness, visit Homelessness Resource Guide, which includes a comprehensive list of food resources available. Residents can search for their nearest food pantry or emergency food distribution location using San Francisco-Marin Food Bank’s Food Locator App. For those that cannot access the app, information on food resources for older adults (age 60+) and persons with disabilities can be obtained by email 457-INFO@marincounty.org or by calling 415.457.INFO (415.457.4636). All others can call 211 to get connected to this information.