As Marin County residents continue to face a stay-at-home order due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Marin County Health and Human Services (HHS) wants to remind individuals that access to healthy food is available through a number of resources.
Residents can search for their nearest food pantry or emergency food distribution location using San Francisco-Marin Food Bank’s Food Locator App. For those that cannot access the app, information on food resources, services and assistance specifically for older adults (age 60 and over) and persons with disabilities can be obtained by email 457-INFO@marincounty.org or by calling (415) 457-INFO, all others can call 211 to be connected.
Pop up Food Pantries:
North Marin Community Services, 1907 Novato Blvd, Novato, CA 94947, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Marin City and Wellness Food Pharmacy, 630 Drake Ave, Marin City, 3 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Bayside MLK, 200 Phillips Drive, Marin City, 94965, 10.30 am – 12.30 pm
- San Geronimo Valley Community Center, 12 p.m – 2 p.m
- 1 Lagunitas School Rd, San Geronimo, 94963
- The People’s Inter-Cities Fellowship, 639 Drake Ave. Marin City, CA, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Kerner Drive-through Pantry, 2550 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, 94901,10:00a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Cornerstone Community Church, 2398 Sir Francis Drake Blvd Fairfax, CA, 8:30 a.m –10:30 a.m.
JEWISH FAMILY AND CHILDREN SERVICES
Jewish Family and Children Services are offering food pantry services by communication via phone, emails and Zoom - (HIPAA compliant version). They are also grocery delivering for isolated clients. For families and adults seeking assistance please contact (415) 449-1212.
Tuesday: Salvation Army, 351 Mission Ave, San Rafael, CA 94901, 10:30 a.m.
Wednesday: Marin Community Clinics, 3110 Kerner Blvd, San Rafael, 2:30 p.m. – 5:30pm
Thursday: Marin Community Clinics, 6090 Redwood Blvd, 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m
- Bahia Vista: 125 Bahia Way, San Rafael (Parking closest to the multipurpose room). All San Rafael City School families are invited. Please follow this program based on your child’s school:
Bahia Vista, Laurel Dell, Short, Sun Valley: 11:00 a.m. – noon
- San Pedro, Coleman, Venetia Valley, Glenwood: noon – 1:00PM
If your student is in middle or high school, please choose the time that corresponds to where your child went to elementary school.
NOTE: To respect the protocols of refuge in place and social distancing, reusable bags are required.
Saturday: Alcohol Justice, 24 Belvedere St, San Rafael, CA 94901: 9:45 a.m
Designated Lunch/Dinner Food Locations (All to-Go):
- Breakfast: St. Vincent de Paul Society (820 B St, San Rafael, CA 94901) 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Lunch: St. Vincent de Paul Society 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Dinner: First Presbyterian Church San Rafael (Fellowship Hall on Mission & E;) Dinners to-go every Tuesday from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. (No sit-down Meal or Ritual Service)
- Food is provided at the Mobile Shower Program at Marinship Park every Tuesday and Friday from 8:00 a.m to 11:00 am.
- Sausalito seniors and those with a disability can get their groceries, take-out food, and medications picked up and delivered to them by vetted local volunteers. The program is offered by Sausalito Village. Contact: (415)332-3325 and Call A Ride for Sausalito Seniors (CARSS) Contact: 415-944-5474)
- A simple application must be completed to initiate the service.
Programs for Seniors/Individuals with Disabilities:
Grocery Hours for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities:
Some local grocery stores* are holding special shopping hours for seniors and individuals with disabilities:
- Costco (Novato): Tuesday and Thursday – 8 a.m. to 9 a.m
- Nugget Markets (Novato, Corte Madera and Tiburon): 7 a.m daily
- Safeway: Tuesday and Thursday – 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Target: Wednesday – 8 a.m
- Whole Foods: 8 a.m – 9 a.m daily
- Driver’s Market (Sausalito): 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.; For curbside pickup, please call (415) 729-9582 with your list of items; payment is by credit card or local check.
- Golden Gate Market (Sausalito): Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. Curbside pickup is also available if you order by phone at (415) 332-3040. Staff will shop for you and have it ready for pick up. Credit card payment over the phone; they prefer not to take checks.
- Mollie Stone’s (Sausalito): Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays 7 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.
* = this does not represent a complete list of stores in Marin offering special shopping hours. Please contact your local grocery store or food retailer to verify.
Whistlestop Wheels is offering food delivery services to Seniors 60+ who are primarily homebound and may have mobility issues. Food is delivered and scheduled meal drop-offs are established once an individual is signed up for the program. Please apply for this service prior to receiving deliveries. Contact: (415) 457-4636.
RESPECTING OUR ELDERS FOOD DISTRIBUTION
Schedule: Trinity Community Church of San Rafael, every Thursday at noon (arrive at 11:30 a.m. to get a ticket) every Sunday at 1:00 p.m. the field next to the fire station on Mesa Road.
MARIN CITY SENIOR CENTER
Marin City Senior Center is offering food delivery for Seniors 60+ and disabled adults. Schedule: Monday and Wednesday 11am-12pm. Contact: Nna Breaux (415) 332-1441.
Delivery and other Food Options:
COMMUNITY ACTION MARIN
Community Action Marin is offering Food Resource, Emergency services, and Childcare, while Children's Services programs are closed. Central Kitchen remains open and is providing bag lunches for children who would normally be at the centers through drive-thru locations. They are located at 555 Northgate Drive San Rafael, CA, Contact (415) 526-7500.
CERES COMMUNITY PROJECT
Ceres Community Project is offering home delivered medically tailored meals to vulnerable people without family support and unable to prepare meals with diabetes, heart disease, cancer, etc. Contact (707) 829-5833 to apply.
ADOPT A FAMILY
Adopt a Family is offering food assistance on a case by case basis. There are no walk-ins. All client intakes, appointments and communications will be held via phone or email. If you are working with a family that needs assistance, please have them call main line and leave a message at (415) 456-7805. Families can also submit a web inquiry on our website using the link: https://www.adoptafamily.org/need-assistance.
SCHWAN’S HOME DELIVERY
Schwan’s Home Delivery is offering food services. Please contact: 1(888) 724-9267.
THE ROLLIN ROOT
The Rollin Root is offering farmers market type food delivery with multiple "pop-up" locations throughout Marin.
- Main Street and Dillon Beach Road 2700 Highway 1 Tomales, CA, 9:00 a.m – 10:00 a.m
- Walnut Place 600 A Street. Point Reyes Station, 12:30 p.m – 1:30 p.m
- Martinelli House 1327 Lincoln Avenue San Rafael Road, 9:00 a.m – 10 a.m
- Marin Valley Mobile Country Club 100 Marin Valley Drive Novato, CA, 11 a.m – noon
- 100 Block of Drake Ave, Marin City, 1 p.m – 2 p.m.
- Marin B Freitas Senior Community, 455 Manuel T Freitas Parkway San Rafael CA, 2:30 p.m – 3:30 p.m